This is a one day training course in suicide awareness and prevention skills for a maximum of 30 participants. This course is aimed at ordinary members of the community. Participants will learn:
- how to identify signs that someone is at risk and may be considering suicide.
- how to engage safely and effectively with someone who you believe may be at risk of suicide.
- knowledge of the wide range of support that exists for people at risk of suicide.
- the importance of supporting someone in making a link to a source of help.
- the importance of maintaining their own positive mental health.