This is a one day training course in suicide awareness and prevention skills for a maximum of 30 participants. This course is aimed at people in contact with young people: teachers, youth workers, community workers, parents, grandparents and young people themselves. Participants will learn:
- a better knowledge and understanding of the issue of suicide.
- the issues affecting our young people, which may increase their risk of suicide: bullying, drugs and alcohol, family problems, exam stress, etc.
- simple steps to follow to prevent suicides:
- Warning signs to look out for in young people.
- How to communicate with a young person at risk.
- How to link them to the help which is available in order to keep them safe.
- the importance of maintaining their own positive mental health.